Thursday, March 10, 2011

This and that


Is anyone getting the impression that this blog is not  a huge priority?  In case you were wondering, I have left a trail a undone, partially finished excellent ideas in my wake.  I hope to save blogging from that same fate.  I have just been busy, I always think that I will get this or that done when I am not so busy, I am thinking I'd be better off accepting the reality that this is my life and it isnt in danger of getting less busy.

Okay enough with the true confessions of a distractable housewife.  Let me tell you what I've been up to.....

I made a cool wand for the White Witch in our Narnia play.  I finished her dress, and passed on the crown creation duty to a talented helper friend.

I only forgot to fix dinner a couple of times and honestly I will remember my promise to make Tucker french toast tomorrow.

I made a Naiad costume, a cool Father Christmas, a pretty groovy Maugrim and unicorn costume.

I bought a new laptop(not because I wanted one)  and it has a groovy cool fingerprint scanner.  I realize that I am a technical simpleton but wow, how cool is it that I don't have to type in my user names and passwords ?  I just rub my finger over the little light thingie.

I am recently addicted to playing dominoes, its the ipod's fault.  I play whenever I am waiting for things, you know on the way to church, co-op to be over, pumping gas, Dr.'s visit.  It's harmless really and I win nearly everytime, apparently my ipod is a moron.

We finally made the time to play cards with the Z's,  we played Euchre.  The girls won handily the first game and lost the same way the last 2.  Not our best work.

I was having trouble with my laundry not smeling so good, it was problematic since I've been hoping to have a pleasant family smell.  A pleasant family smell isn't as easy as you may think with 3 boys who consider bathing to be a consequence for poor behavior.  Gain is the smell I was hoping for not sour laundry.  Turns out my machine was set on small load when I only ever fill it to a super load size.  I'm hoping we have only been running around in dirty clothes for a short time.

 
Tonight we went to Jack's first birthday party.  He is such a sweet baby.  We love him so much.  I love the way he thinks Scott's bald head is a toy, the way he says "ehh uhhhh ehhh!!!"  when he sees his family across the room.  I love the way he snuggles when he gets sleepy and the way he makes me appreciate God's handiwork. 

His silly momma said we shouldn't bring gifts and we all ignored her.  I made him some T-shirts and we got him a book to chew on read.  The first shirt I made in blue and gray and then appliqued a "J" for Jack on it.  The second I went golf guy on because his daddy and Uncle Scotty are golf buddies. The last is just an UNO shirt for the big one year old!



He likes shiny, smooth round things ......

....like balls and heads.





He really wanted to love the cake, I think we were too pushy.




No comments:

Post a Comment