Monday, February 7, 2011

Impossible!!!!!!!


I find it incredible that my baby girl is 14.  WOW!!!  It's true though, despite my efforts to stop it, she is growing up and before I know it she will be independent and forget her mom....  Well maybe she won't forget me since I will nag her to death if she tries but a grownup nonetheless.
Then......
......now.

We celebrated her birthday with a little party with some of her best chums.  I am very impressed with the kids she calls her besties, they are sweet and full of fun.  We did some hanging out, Just Dancing, Sock Hockey and oh yeah we also ate some poisoned food.  Well it wasn't intentionally poisoned and really 24 hours should have been plenty of time for the spray paint to set and not bleed into the food I put on the platter.  Needless to say her pals are pretty sure I am a terrible cook, unless Sharpie marker is your taste of choice.  She got all kinds of presents and after opening them at her party and squealing, she had to reopen them with me at home and squeal over each item again.

This kind of enthusiasm is such a precious part of her I wouldn't change a bit of it.  I often desire to be like her, filled with wonder and joy at every little thing.  I wish everyone could spend time with her and get to know the exuberant spirit God placed within her.  Since it's not possible for everyone to do that allow me to share some highlights.....

*I love every moment of being her mom from immediately after delivery when the Dr. with his crummy unusual bedside manner said "Take it it's yours." and tossed her slimy body onto me until now.

*I love that when she was 3 she called God to confirm my admonition that when she obeyd me she was obeying God.

*I love that as a toddler she walked around chanting "Happy happy happy."

*I love how she used to sing "You are my Suh-shine."

*I love how she said Fry Fries and Napnin.

*I love that she thought that while using the breast pump I could produce milk for our babies and maybe some apple juice too!

*I love the way she gnawed on her toes as a baby.

*I love how spotty she was with chicken pox.

*I love that her first sentence was "I smell chocolate"

*I love the freckles on her nose.

*I love when people meet her they say she looks like me..

*I love her willingness to give her friendship to everyone.

*I love that she cries with those she loves.

*I love that she still needs me when she falls down.

*I love how she used to say "Night night piggies when she had to put shoes on."

*I love how she can memorize movie lines and song lyrics very quickly.

*I love her sense of fun.

*I love her passion for remaining pure and obeying God's plans for her.

*I love her confidence.

Blindfolded makeovers

*I love how happy she is to be a dork.

*I love that she doesn't feel like she has to impress people to valuable.

*I love that she has accepted her training as a bargain shopper with zeal and enthusiasm.

*I love that she trusts me with her secrets.

*I love her gift of encouragement.

*I love her willingness to tell people when she appreciates something in them.

*I love that her heart squeezes for kids who have less than her.

*I love that she thinks our modest life is awesome.

*I love that her favorite music and TV shows are from my childhood.

Girl date at Starbucks!

 Fun with the brothers
*I love that she is who she is all the time and isn't worried about what her peers think.

*I love that her goal is to be a part of the fashion industry responsible for creating stylish and modest clothing.

*I love that she wanted her hair cut like mine.

*I love that cries if she discovers she inadvertently hurt someone's feelings.

* I love how she is constantly thinking about ways to do something for someone else.



So much more could be said and as much as I would love her to remain a baby, I am anxious to see how God continues to bless us with her.  She is sunshine and joy, energy and love.  She makes us laugh and warms our hearts.  I am honored to call her mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment