Saturday, April 30, 2011

Been awhile....


It has been rather crazy busy for me lately.  This seems to be a chronic complaint so perhaps I should either stop whining or say "No" sometime....

The last couple of weeks have been spent on sewing and preparing costumes for two productions that Allye is part of. (Okay so I know I shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition but its late and nothing else was working...)  She is in the ensemble cast of Annie Jr., which will be a darling show.  The kids have worked really hard, getting into character, learning dance steps and pitching in as stage hands.  My portion of this production has seemed minor compared to the overall picture but man have I been stressed!

The second show is a stage performance of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.  Allye is playing the role of Lucy, one of the leads.  I am very proud of her, she didn't really want this particular part but she stepped up and took the role to be a team player.  She is nervous and alternates between dramatic anxiety and dramatic glee.  She is such a fun kid.  I will probably get kinda nervous performance night.  Of course it will be an excited kind of nervous.

Allye ran her first track season this year and I learned that I love Cross Country more than track.  It was a good experience for her and I pray that she develops a love of running that I do not have.

My boys seem to get sweeter and sweeter each year.  That's not to say we don't have moments that make me wonder if they should be out among the people or not, but generally speaking their hearts are so full of love.  Now should you catch them annoyed with each other you may challenge this statement.  For Easter they all got some dollars in eggs.  When we got home from church Tucker collected all of his and told me to give it to the children's home.  At church the kid's classes were collecting change for a church in Japan.  Ash had brought all his change(he'd been collecting for 2 weeks) and the jar was gone.   A few days later I found out it had probably been stolen so I told him and he was so upset he cried because the kids there really needed the money.  They have been planning how they will be the "big" kids at camp this year and what they can do to make younger kids have fun.  I love watching them grow into Godly young men and am so blessed by the examples God has placed in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment