Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ordinary things.........


I'm afraid I have approached blogging in the same way I approach dusting, I get embarrassed when I realize how much time has gone by since I last did it.

We have been enjoying our time of being finished with school for the year.  The children lived through completed their testing and packed up(figuratively since I actually have get to do this) their school books and ran outside.  I find it amusing that they think I enjoy torturing them with school work while in reality, I am more anxious than they are to finish up.

I am trying to think of any major happenings in the past couple of weeks, and unfortunately I have determined that my life is very ordinary.  I should say that the unfortunate bit is for you since I'm typing anyway.....

We had our Lion, Witch and Wardrobe cast party.  That was lots of fun, we watched the DVD and I was overwhelmed with pride in those kids.

Allye went to a sleepover with some of her very best besties and I had flashbacks to my young teenage summers and realized that I was a happy kid.

I used a tiller and turned a pile a earth for the sole purpose of walking barefoot in it.  Then after dinner I went out and finished the job and planted some flowers.  They'll probably die, I say this not because I am an Eeyore type but because I accidentally kill plants all the time.

I had 10 children to feed for lunch today.  We had chicken nuggets and tater tots.  The chicken was a big hit the tater tots, less.  I threw Landry's lunch away before he was done, lesson here....don't eat and watch TV at my house.

The Boverie children slept over last night, apparently they are aloud to talk to the grown ups before coffee.

God has been working on me.  This can be a painful process, I lean towards being judgmental(this is bad), I do not capture every thought, I even allow these unleashed thoughts to become words(this is bad).  I am easily susceptible to gossip(this is really bad).  I hate knowing all of these things are wrong with me, I am beyond grateful to God for sticking with me while I sort through and hope to overcome.

I have been really wanting the motivation and discipline to lose some weight and exercise.  I want to be healthy, energetic and obviously a smaller size.  I found just the thing!  The other day I was snuggled up with Allye and one of the boys, said boy climbed over Allye, over me and off the bed.  He then commented "Mom, your buttocks (pronounced "boo-tocks") are so soft.  Uhhh, clearly some lunges are in my future.....

I did some sewing.  I made sundress and a skirt and top.  They turned out pretty cute.  I made them for no reason other than a desire to sew.  I am so glad I found someone to give them to....
Sundress...

Brookie twirling in her birthday skirt I made.
more twirling....



The skirt started it's life as a men's shirt...Cute redo?


I made a To-Do list and nearly completed it all.  No big deal you think?  If you knew me well then you'd realize how remarkable it is that I made a list and then referred back to it.  I love to write lists, I never seem to know what to do with them after I write them out. Hmm....

We have a fire in our fir pit nearly every night.  My kids think marshmallows are  required in order to sleep at night....


I painted four superheroes and honestly one was dressed like a bimbo so I "altered" her costume!


We celebrated Memorial Day with a cookout.  We all brought our own meat to grill and yummy sides and desserts to share.  Since I am associated with great cooks this worked out very well for me.  We started around 11:00 and wound down around 7:30.  I loved the day and hope to have many more with my wonderful family and friends!!!

So there you go....a summary of an ordinary couple of weeks here.

Life. Is. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment