Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's important to me!

I've been a bit busy lately, shopping, wrapping, crafting and such.  All fun things but in between I have been trying to complete some training hours so I can help out at the children's home.  Even that activity has been interrupted, you know some one has to educate the children and make sure they are fed.  I did however manage to complete 6 hours of general training, 6 for First Aid/CPR hours and now today will be something called CPI which I believe will instruct me on how to deal with critical incidents of a physical altercation type.

I have to say while interesting this business of sitting still and listening is not an area of strength for me.  I apparently seem to have something to say constantly, I am sure I must annoy people.  Sorry.  You will all be happy to know that on Monday I managed to over come a heart attack, stroke and rabies.  Now I can even recognize the symptoms without reading it on a piece of paper.  I am trained.

I do however seem to have some sort of nerve disorder(unrelated to the rabies).  I stubbed my toe on Scott's ankle(more on that later), and when he was checking it out for brokenness I looked over and he was holding my second toe.  Now this may not seem alarming to you but I REALLY was quite certain that it was in fact my middle toe  that was in pain.  I made him conduct a series of tests where he had to close his eyes and guess which toe of his I was touching and he was right every time.  Me, I got it wrong.  I can only seem to tell if someone is touching my big or baby toe.  Scott for some reason found this vastly amusing; no sympathy at all, which may answer some of your questions about how my toe came into contact with his ankle.  He even went so far as to say "Tell me which toe your going to guess and I'll touch that one."  Really?  I mean granted that possible scenarios where you're, disabled at the toe and your blinded seem rare but I think I should be able to feel a difference in which toe is which. 

So the big question here today is this: If for some reason Scott annoys you, and without considering the consequences, you may for example kick him in the ankle, do you think you could tell without looking which toe is throbbing?



No comments:

Post a Comment