Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sometimes an inaccurate memory is best....




Sometimes, it is so much fun to remember, to relive our childhoods.  Other times not so much.  I had a great childhood, even considering all the near death and maiming situations we were exposed to and participated in.  When I see vintage Fisher-Price toys I am filled with warm fuzzies. 




Sometimes a particular piece of Corning Ware makes me shed a little tear, and I love sharing "what I used to watch" with my kids.  This sharing of old TV is what brings us to the "not so much".

For example, I really loved "The Love Boat".  The glamour, excitement, beautiful clothes, exotic places and I really wanted to be Julie McCoy. I did not, however need to become cognizant of some things of which I was blissfully unaware.  For example, Captain Stubbing's great appreciation of   "Mountainous Terrain" as pertains to the ladies, Doc wasn't a romantic figure he was a boy bimbo!  Not to mention all the hooking up and innuendo.  Happy Days wasn't much better, The Fonz, who was so cool was essentially a jerk and those teenagers only had smooching on the brain.    "Get Smart", we love that but Maxwell is very into the ladies. "Gilligan's Island", a huge hit in our house but not an example of stellar thinking in that bunch.  "Isis" wow those special effects!  So what if she had powers from an ancient Egyptian God.  Wonder Woman we love her and that lasso of truth.  "Charlie's Angels",  well the nude beach episode=not so family friendly



The Greatest American Hero also did not pass the Huston guidelines of appropriate TV.

"Oh Zephyr winds that blow on high, Lift me now so I can fly."

This was going to be me once I became a D-cup and a brunette

For Christmas, Jenny got me season 1 of The Bionic Woman.  I am so excited!  Just after I morphed into Wonder Woman or Isis I'd be Jaime Sommers.  She was awesome!  Steve Austin was pretty hunky too!  So yesterday we popped in disc one and began with the crossover episodes on The Six Million Dollar Man.  I was so disappointed to realize she was kinda messed up and something of a hindrance.  Also, she was pretty free and easy about passing out her kisses.  I'm hoping after the skydiving accident, the bionics rejection and the memory loss, she will have gotten her act together.  I most definitely hope she ceases to send Steve mixed messages!  

No comments:

Post a Comment