Saturday, January 8, 2011

Just a few things that weigh on my mind


I just wanted to point out that I fixed my background!  Did you notice? Apparently, as it turns out, you should not perpetually ignore the computer when it tells you there are updates for your browser.  Who knew?  Now you are all enlightened, just like me!

The way Scott approaches his use of the library annoys me so I am refusing to be his library book getter.  He thinks I am unkind.  I think it is a kindness to try and avoid being annoyed with him.

Allye wants to have a cool birthday party and it sounds so fun I think we're going to let her.  Finding a date near her birthday might be tricky.

I am having a serious problem with deciding how to appropriately use "conversely" and "inversely" in a sentence.  I have looked up the meanings and uses and I still can't definitively decide which word is right for my sentence.  It is very distracting.

I went to a party at church tonight.  We were so old.  We played "Totally 80's Trivia", and only 5 of us could play because everyone else was born in or after 1980.  My husband was the oldest person there.  I think I am not having good feelings about this.  I did however enjoy the company very much.

The kids, as  I mentioned stayed at the Jones'.  They loved it and were so happy to see us when we picked them up that they complained we were early.  Yes we got there at 9:30.  Just feel that love.....

Scott was going to wear khakis to the party.  I really didn't care but we did have a curious discussion about his jeans.  Turns out he is saving his nice jeans for when he needs more work pants so he doesn't usually wear them.  Honestly I CANNOT figure out why people believe him when he claims I am the odd one.  Besides he has a cute butt so he should wear the jeans.

I called my friend today to get his help in solving the conversely/inversely dilemma, and he didn't answer the phone.  I got a message telling me the voice mail hadn't been set up, so I texted him to let him know his voice mail wasn't operational.  I just realized that I have been spelling dilemma wrong for, well since forever.  I have been leaving out an "m".  Wow, thank goodness fro spell check, now I can waste some time being embarrassed about how I can't spell.  Although, in all honestly dilemma is not a word I use in written form very often, so maybe I'm good.

Speaking of grammar....is "text" a multi-functional word that is spelled the same in both past and present tense or is "texted" proper?  Spell check does not recognized "texted" but then again "text" was once strictly a noun.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment