Sunday, January 23, 2011

This is probably more than you bargained for.....


I bet many of you think I am just a regular, ordinary, occasionally moody run of the mill female.  Yep you're wrong.  I am more along the lines of neurotic, obsessive and often moody.  This week has been a real challenge for me but honestly I am managing because I am blessed to be important enough to some strong women who will stay on their knees and pray me out of whatever funk I may find myself in.

You know that feeling when you are planning for summer camp and you have to consider lice?  Immediately
your head starts to itch and your skin does a little crawly dance all over you body.  Well that is the reaction I have to many situations I am presented with.  Not the itching or dancing skin but say for example, your in a CPR class and stroke is the topic of discussion, I may briefly, theoretically experience some symptoms. Through the course of said CPR/First Aid training, in addition to the stroke I recovered from shock, rabies and heart attack. It was a rough week.

So as luck would have it I have been working on my commitment to stop drinking pop, and get healthy.  As luck would not have it I became overly anxious about getting winded on a walk.  That of course led me to the natural conclusion that I might be having heart problems.  So I started taking an inventory of all the important body parts.  Not giant chest pain, oh wait was that a ache in my shoulder?  Is my neck hurting?  what's with the heartburn?  So I took some tums, pepto and sinus meds(maybe that's why I was winded, couldn't breathe).  I survived the night but by mid morning I was insane again.

I had to run Allye around and a meeting in the afternoon.  Scott went along with me and I began confessing to him all the ridiculous thoughts I had been having.  I told him about the tums and Pepto and then I told him that earlier I bought aspirin, icy hot and tweezers.  He was just great he was understanding and loving, he just listened.  Then he said, "Tweezers?"  He couldn't fathom where they fit into  my self diagnosis.  It was at this point I burst into tears as I had to explain that because I am now old sometimes I have an unwanted hair on my chin and the pluckable lighting is so fantastic in the car.   It was lowering..... 

 TMI ahead.......


Now after days of this sort of mind twisting anxiety,imagine my distress when the next day after that coffee kicks in and I visit the little girls room where I find that  my pooh is a horrible shade of near black(everybody looks!).  That nearly caused  those heart problems I was fretting about.  Turns out this can be caused by intestinal bleeding or yes that's right, Pepto!  So hopefully my tummy wont hurt because Alka Seltzer is yucky!!

Just because satan likes to mess with my mind, I will not allow him to rule it.  Love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU FOR THAT :) I truly am blessed to know that I AM NOT ALONE!! (In my crazy thoughts that is) I just love the way you say it , (valley girl voice) like duh!!! :) Love you girl!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love this post! I was thinking along along the same lines as Scott... Tweezers?
    Your post reminds me of the 1st time I made a homemade red velvet cake (which takes 2, 1 oz bottles of red food coloring). After eating 1/2 the cake myself I almost had a heart attack as I looked in the bowl before I flushed. An ounce of red food coloring can REALLY color a gallon of water.

    ReplyDelete