Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Great Weekend!


Well the summer seems to be officially over.  Labor Day has come and gone and with it the final celebrations of the free and easy season.  Well actually summer was fun but ours seemed to be over scheduled this year.  We didn't make any grand weekend plans but I did get to spend lots of time with Jenny.  I mentioned Jenny in an earlier post, promising to introduce her. I hope you were all anxiously awaiting the big moment! 

Jenny has been my close friend longer than anyone.   We met at church when my family moved from Mississippi to Ohio.  We went to college together and have stayed very close.  We were in each other's weddings, present at the birth of each other's children and we spend every holiday together.  She is my friend, my sister, my family.  She has four kiddos and they are all sweet and funny and smart and partially mine!

Jenny has so many qualities that I wished I possess.  She is so very tidy and organized.  Her patience is seemingly boundless and her willingness to serve limitless.  She has always been very tolerant of my quirks.  I lose things because I'm impulsive and messy, she always would say, "Slow down and you will find it."  I usually would.  It was her idea to have a shelf with a hook to put our keys on in the dorm.  I still use that idea and mostly I know where my keys are, there was the time they turned up at the BP station....

People think she is quiet and shy it's not true.  She's an observer and very good at reading people, so watch out!  I am such a rowdy attention seeker that people think I am outgoing.  I am outgoing but not instead of Jenny being so.   Again all of you should get the opportunity to meet her but remember, I need her more.  I have great fun ideas but I need Jenny around to say, "Sounds great but wouldn't it be safer if...."

Back in the day....
Me, Jenny, Momma and the girl we all spoiled.
With Lydia and Anna
Our Girls!!!!

Our kiddos the best of friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment