Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day!

We didn't make any special plans for a final summer bash this year, or maybe last year either come to think of it.  However, as it turns out Scott had plans I didn't know about and so we are having "girl card night".  The "we" of this operation is Momma, Jenny, Kendra and myself.  I think the game of choice will be Pennies, aka Hand and Foot.  This will only be Kendra's second or third time to play so between our general goofiness and re-explaining the game there should be lots of laughter.

The dinner plans are big ole salads which means I will let my kids eat whatever they want and someone will probably request a pop tart and me being all caught up in girl time and not wanting the distraction of grumbling children will say "fine, have a pop tart but only because I am busy playing with my friends".   Yeah I know, I canceled my flight to the Mother of the Year ceremony months ago, it was around the time one of the boys informed the entire camp that he had a "pokey booger stuck in his nose and mom knew it was there for like a month...."  Really? at 10 I am still responsible for their booger issues?

Now, while I am busy not providing a nutritionally balanced meal for the children the men will be having a fantasy football draft.  That spells a whole world of fun for all of us womenfolk.  Let's think about the pleasures that await us for the next 5 months....(in no particular order)

* Rushing home from church on Sunday to get in front of the TV before the pregame talk is over
* The guy's compulsive need to tell us how each and EVERY one of their players are faring
* Weekly roster selections and heaven help us why they picked who for that week
* Pretending to not only know what they are talking about but also trying to care
* Listening to descriptions of how a play went down and hoping that you sound impressed at the right moment
* Last minute roster changes or worse not making the changes in time and hearing about it all day
* Oh and one of my favorites, a play by play of the actual draft and the"if he went with this guy I was gonna..."

I am quite certain that many other joys of football await us all and we endure indulge our men because we love them for their willingness to work long and hard to provide for our families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment