Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just Thursday

So it's Thursday and not much exciting has happened around here.  I managed to break an electric sander, ground one child and show up late picking another up from practice.  I do not however, think the sander situation is my fault.  I blame faulty wiring.  Eventually I WILL finish my stairway!!! 

Allye is participating on a Cross Country team with a local christian school.  She is beyond excited!  I however have trouble understanding the thrill.  I really want to love running because the size of my soul is not being justly reflected by the size of my body.  The problem with running is that  I get an uncomfortable ache in my side, I can't breathe, and  I get all sweaty.  I try and only run when being chased.  Once Allye and I were taking regular walks and she encouraged me to run with her, so I gave it a go.  Before we could run I had to lay out the rules,
1.  There would be no laughing at the slow pace I run (kind of a bent knee walk)
2.  We had to be far enough away from our street so the neighbors can't laugh at me.
3.  No mocking me for stopping every 50feet.

Anyway for some reason she gave up on me....So it may be clear by now that all things running are not my forte.  I do not know how track meets work or cross country meets.  I asked Mr. Husband "So how do you watch a XC meet?"  He says there are places and we can choose various ones along the way from which to observe.  I said, "So won't they beat us to every station since they will be running and I assure you I will not?"  Yep, you guessed he laughed and I still don't know how to watch a XC meet.

1 comment:

  1. See how fun this is! Want to know whats even more stupid? It took me several seconds to realize that XC stood for cross country. Don't tell.

    ReplyDelete