Sunday, September 19, 2010

Well they weren't awful.....

So i looked around the internet and came up with a recipe for fondant.  I love love the smooth look of this stuff.  I always try to smooth out my frosting and it is never exactly right.  It is usually kinda bumpy and I feel like I went to all the trouble and mess for nothing....

Landry has recently been working on his skateboarding skills and so I thought I'd make him a skateboard cake.  I was not completely happy with the wheel placement I felt with the wheels on the "ground" it resembled a car too much.  Scott thought that they should go on the ground and he really helped me a lot today so his idea won.
Blue is one of his favorite colors.
The other side says "Rocks"  'cause Landry Rocks


Ash loves Luigi!  I know he loves all the Mario characters but Luigi wears a green hat and that speaks to his soul.  Probably because green was his assigned color as a baby, toddler and preschooler....  I dabbled in fondant for this cake, I had no trouble covering the cake but the decorations were trickier since I do not think I had teh consistency down.  I think he favors Mr. Potato Head....
Tucker has always been a loyal Texas Rangers fan, a few years ago he had a cake shaped like a Ranger's baseball cap.  So in keeping with the theme......
And for my niece, Katie, I went for girly.

I cannot figure out why the pics are uploading sideways.....sorry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment