Thursday, October 28, 2010

All of that to say this.....





So the week started off pleasantly enough.  I mean on Monday Scott was up and about fairly early but he very  kindly respected the no talking unless absolutely necessary rule.  He even consented to driving Allye to PATH, so I didn't have to leave the house until 12:30.  Actually I needed to leave at 12 but since I can't seem to convince myself that drama class begins at 12:30 not 12:45 I always leave late.  Not only do I leave late but I am usually yelling out to the boys as I go that I am sorry about not making time for lunch but dad will be home soon.  All of that was okay, drama class was fun and then when it was over off to XC practice or really a fun run.  I said something about wishing we didn't have to go and Allye couldn't stop thinking about  my comment so after 30 minutes she came to the car in tears and insisted we go home and then insisted it wasn't anything I said that upset her.  Yep I'm a great mom........
We declared Tuesday official make our costume day!  So I painted knee and elbow pads, found a skateboard helmet, yes I know we should've already owned one what with Landry on his skateboard all the time. I procured overalls for a Luigi costume, and then I built a house.  It was a cardboard house but I built it nonetheless.  I had a meeting at 1:00 and was heading that way until the tornado weather said I don't think so little missy."  So I stayed at Momma's.  I managed to get there 20 minutes late and we only spent 45 minutes choosing 5 menu items.

On Wednesday, what with the Tuesday tornado weather messing up my clock, I woke up late, not until 7: 57!  Meaning all the people were up when I got up.  Meaning they were all talking and such...ACK!!!  I still managed some productivity, I dyed a shirt, made paper patio furniture for the previously mentioned house, went to the other drama class and then back home.  Once at home Lydia came over for a bit, then the pink parade( Anna, Julia, Emma, and Kate) came over and giggled among us.  After the Boveries went home we had some chicken and dumplings Kate had 2 helpings so I guess they were tasty.  At church, we had a meeting and I kinda sported a bad attitude.  God cleverly reminded me that my negative thinking would not, could not stop His divine power. By turning the heart of a man to Him, God dismissed  my stinkin' thinkin', our dear friend Nick was baptized into Chirst and along with his sins my negative thoughts were washed away.

You'd think after overcoming the obstacle of pre-coffee chatter and a realization that I need my attitude adjusted that'd be busy enough of a week.  Oh but no!!  I remembered Allye had to get to the ortho.  Bad scene, let's just leave it at new brackets, bigger wires and rubber bands.  She is in pain.  Finally we get back home and finish up the boys' school work.

Costumes had to be completed because tonight was the first of our 2 halloween activities.  We I had to paint a shirt and hat, make a patch for said hat, and make Minnie Mouse ears.  I had a fabric spray paint to use for the to be painted items, this requires adult supervision and I am not the adult you should choose.  I put plastic on the painting surface to protect it, but it slipped my mind entirely that I should not be spray painting in the kitchen.  Ill just show the photo evidence.....
Doesn't seem so bad, just a little paint on the arm...
Then I noticed the chair....




Then the fridge...
and the other side of the fridge...




 And quite possibly the worst idea of all because I do not think drying the hat in the oven was a bad idea, was drying the painted items in the dryer.  At least if I was short cutting things and not rinsing thoroughly.....




No comments:

Post a Comment