Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A few days in the life....

Well this week is shaping up to be another earth shattering chapter in my exciting life.  I didn't fully recover from my weekend until today so yesterday was pretty much a bust.  I kinda, possibly,  maybe snapped at the kids in drama class,  hopefully they will think I was just acting....  I sewed a fairy skirt.  A "heart fairy" to be exact.  What is a heart fairy you ask...Why it is a creation of my own making.  Autumn called Quack to say she wanted to be a heart for Halloween and I said "Sure!"  Then I thought how uncomfortable will that be so I called and counter offered with a fairy costume.  Clever huh?  You'd think so but now it has to be extra awesome so she will forget that I didn't make her a heart.  Brooklyn was sewing with me on Sunday day and every time we heard someone above us walking she'd say "That's Jesus." 

On Friday I had to fix dinner and get out of the house in a hurry.  Scott told me not to worry about cleaning up, he'd do it.  I told him I'd never found him more attractive and of he picked up a broom I may not be able to leave.  The moment of insanity passed and I got to do dishes on Sunday....

I actually cooked dinner two nights in a row.  I know that is ground breaking news and my family is still reeling from the shock.  I'm hoping to make it a regular activity.  Ash was so overcome with good feelings that after dinner he came over and said "Mom you sure make ooonnnneeee good meal!"  Well at least I cook one thing he likes.

The children keep saying things like "Mom can I get a blanket?  Its cold outside and we don't have long pants."  Really! where do they get this passive aggressive behavior, they should just speak their minds so I can say "get over it", instead of playing dumb and pretending I'm not getting the hints to get the cold weather wear out.  Not sure why I dread that trip to the attic twice a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment