Monday, October 4, 2010

doing.........

For all of you who were worried about my general state of mind, we caught a mouse.  The sad truth is that I'd have rather been hallucinating.

Yesterday we had a guest speaker at church.  His name is Jason, and he has a shaggy "Jesus" beard.  I was moved as always by the things he was convicted to share with us.  I have no doubt that God sent him here at this time to adjust my bad attitude. I, as those who know me well already know, think I know everything.  I also think I do everything right, which leads to thinking I am leading a more Godly life than everyone else.  Let me tell you this is not good.  This attitude builds bitterness, arrogance, angry, pride, and SIN.  The worst part about it is that when you think you have it all right, you don't need God so much and then the darkness is there and that's where the ugly things blossom.

Jason reminded me of several things, the first being that I belong to a awesome God.  God who began time, is at the center of time and is all that will be at the end of time.  He reminded me that satan is a created being and is the prince of this world of death.  He reminded me that Jesus endured more than my weak minded self can ever grasp.  He endured it on MY behalf and He is asking only that I do the job I am called to do.  I am not called to monitor the flaws of others.  I am not called to ensure everyone at church does their fair share.  I am not called to condemn those who make choices for their families that I may know with certainty are wrong.  I am not called to sit in superiority over those who may not have the expectations of their children that I do.  I am not called to keep score.  I am not called to stay within my comfort zone of people I approve and by doing so hiding His word from those who need it.  I am not called to be in charge of this world.

I am called to love.  I am called to sacrifice.  I am called to obedience.  I am called to service.  I am called to goodness.  I am called to humility.  I am called to honor God with my life.  I am called to repentance.  I am called to patience.  I am called to doing the right thing.  I am called to a pure heart.  I am called to removing the plank from my eye.  I am called to being busy at home.  I am called to sharing the Good News. 

Please join me in praying that I am always striving to do what I have been called to do.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciated your words on this! I loved hearing him speak yesterday in class, as well. God really uses him to convict people to change at the very least, their attitudes, if not their lives. I left wanting to be different, too. Just need to get this hiney in gear.

    ReplyDelete