Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I enjoy people, especially small children type people.  I love the differences in personality, the unique mannerisms and general specialness that makes the world exciting.  I have met some funny folks, some serious hard to know people and frankly just some odd ducks, but sometimes I think my kids are the weirdest kids around.  They say and do some truly bizarre things, but I look at their parentage and realize they can't really help it.

Apparently Landry went out without a sweatshirt today because he didn't want fabric touching his arms.  What?  Ash drew a mustache on his face with a dry erase marker, turns out those do not erase easily from skin.  Tucker sleeps with seven, yes it says seven, pillows and they all have names and assigned positions on his bed. His favorite is named Pilly.  Really.  It's true.

They are very sweet and try and give me compliments regularly.  Like just the other day one of them told me that he wasn't going to tell me what he didn't like about dinner because that would be the same as insulting the disgusting parts.  Yep neat guy. 

Do you ever laugh so hard at your family and feel so full from the wonder of just being with them that you feel sorry for everyone who isn't you?  I do.  Especially when my teenage daughter says, "I love our family.  I wonder why some of my friends don't like theirs."  When one of my sons tells me that sometimes he gets so full of happiness that he has to hug someone.  When my son wants to know why everyone's mom and dad won't teach their children to know God so they can always be together.

Yeah I love that my kiddos are strange.............................

2 comments:

  1. A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation.

    The traveler left rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

    A few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

    "I've been thinking," he said. "I know how valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Please give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me this stone."

    You have given your children that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are wonderful because you are wonderful. And I love your family too!

    ReplyDelete