Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I am embracing the "Birthaday Week"

It would seem as if this is a time for self reflection, as I keep learning things about myself.  I have decided that I am okay with being 40, its just a number.  I do not want to be living or serving anywhere else.  I am so in love with Scott and content with the life we have carved out. I would like to think that arriving at this milestone will really inspire me to look at my life and make certain I am leaving the mark God has planned for me.  I was blessed with a lovely birthday week that included a girls night out at the Outback, an awesome gift of a weekend away in Amish Country from my dearest of friends and family, and finally a surprise party with so many that bless my life.  My heart is full and my blessings too numerous to count. 

I have however learned somethings about myself.  What?  Why, yes I'd be happy to share.

* I am a bed hog, who despite getting a king sized bed still  does not wish to split the space evenly.
* I am a big chicken.
* I seem to cheat at "sock hockey" without forethought.  I think it's an illness.
* I do not mind shoving my children while playing hockey.  They should move!
* My dreams of being a witness are not going to come true.  I just noticed an eleven year old lamp at the Jones' home.
* I can be high maintenance.  I do not seem to wish to change this.
* I am not shy.
* I do not like to miss out on fun things with my friends.  They should never exclude me.
* I will never be on top of dusting.
* Even though I know it is irrational I would like Scott to just know things I wish him to know and then he could act on them without my having to ask.  I get annoyed when he isn't telepathic.
* My internal dialogue isn't always as internal as I think.

Life is good and full, I am glad to here in this place for this time with the people I am surrounded by.

No comments:

Post a Comment