Friday, November 12, 2010

More birthdays

Last night we got together to celebrate Scott and Julia's birthday.  By "we" I mean all the usual suspects, the Fuqua's, Boverie's, Zickafoose and Jones'.  My sister LaToya and her husband came by later and unfortunately my other sister Melissa does not live close enough to pop in for a mid-week dinner on short notice.  Daddy made a giant pot of delicious gumbo and we had cupcakes and coffee ice cream dessert.  YUM!!

After eating and visiting until 9-ish we headed home.  Walking home the boys were comparing notes on who got to consume the most dessert.  Landry only got two cupcakes, and Ash had 2 cupcakes and some of the ice cream.  Seriously unfair, I know this because it was announced loudly and with feeling.  Why would I ONLY allow 2 cupcakes per child? Why did Ash also get ice cream?  Truthfully, this 2 cupcakes and ice cream thing was because I wasn't paying close attention.  Anyway Ash told Landry if he hadn't been so busy playing with Jacob (the Jones' 15yo son) he could have gotten both desserts too. Landry promptly informed him that "Jacob is cooler than chocolate cake!"

How cool is that?  I would love to be cooler than chocolate, but that is a dream I will likely never realize.  This is just an example of the blessings that God has placed in the lives of my children.  Jacob is a young man who impresses me constantly.  He demonstrates such patience and concern for my boys it often brings me to tears. He makes them feel special and important, yet he makes sure he doesn't intentionally or inadvertently expose them to anything potentially harmful to keeping them close to God. 


Thanks Jake for being such a Godly young man and for keeping the hearts of my boys as near to Him as you can.

1 comment: