Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Day!!!!

One of my favorite things is Thanksgiving.  I love it for many reasons.  I love planning the menu with my mom, even though it generally looks the same year after year.  I love going shopping and preparing the food with her.  I am so thankful that she made sure I was competent in the kitchen.  She actually made sure I was not only competent in the kitchen but also at home among the appliances and food stuffs.  My mother is an excellent cook.  She just has a very natural knack for it and a great love of sharing so that makes her food extra good!  Thanks Momma.

I love eating the food.  The mashed potatoes, the broccoli and cheese casserole, French Onion Casserole, spinach salad, and ohh the desserts!  Yummy!

I love planning my Christmas shopping adventure with Jenny. I love playing games, and I love the talking and laughter.

I mostly love the people.  So let me tell you who I spent the day with and why I am thankful for them.

Scott-  His patience and great love of me
Allye-  Her joyful, ever encouraging look at life
Ash-  His sense of humor
Tucker-  His desire to always do the right thing
Landry-  His ability to laugh at himself

Momma- Her generous spirit
Daddy-  His complete dedication and loyalty to his family
Todd- His open heart and great love of everyone

Jenny- Her ability to stay on track
Barry- His willingness to say "yes I'll help."
Lydia-  Her spunk
Anna- Her quick laughter
Zane-  How he is such a total boy
Julia- Her Mona Lisa smile

Dawn- Her way of thinking things through
Steve- His great need to serve God
Jake- His desire for goodness
Cora-Her sweet smile and friendship with Allye

Tricia- Her wisdom
Mike- His love of family
Katie- Her desire to show God to her children
Mackenzie- Her "sistershood" with Jules
James-  His dimples

Leanne- Her calmness
Terry- His banana bread
Zachary- Being a good buddy for Z
Nicholas- Policing the other boys
Lucas-Protecting his mom from the scary Barbie van

Kendra- Her wish to be all God wants
Ben- His love of his family
Emma- Her feisty spirit
Kate- Her ability to laugh at herself
Jack- The way he makes my heart smile

LaToya- Her sweetness
Josh- His way of having fun with the kids
Brooklyn- Her openess of heart
Taylor-  Her subborn streak
Corran-  Those sweet cheeks

Brittany -  Her intensity
Shizoni- Her desire to play

All of these people are important to me and  I have so many reasons to be thankful for them, so I just listed what jumped in my mind. I am blessed with so many and so much.  This group of people is just a sampling of those that make my life richer.  Thank you all for being a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment