Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A day with shoes on my feet....

I thought about creating a post last night, but let me tell you I just couldn't.  I had to relax and unburden myself from the trauma of wearing shoes all day long.  I mean actual tie up with socks underneath shoes!  I put them on at 7am and took them off at 11pm.  Those who know me well understand what an emotional ordeal this was for me to endure.  In addition to having my feet imprisoned for an entire day I was out and about for most of that time too.

The day started with taking Allye to PATH (her homeschool co-op) at 7:30, then I had to come back home get the boys and take them to the orthodontist.  Always a treat, the orthodontist.  I mean he smiles all nice and patiently answers the boys questions even offering to let them come in and spend a day hanging out watching people get braces, work in the lab and cast molds.  What he is really doing is making me think he is all wonderful in the hopes that my heart won't stop when I calculate how much it's going to cost to repair the genetically flawed open bites my boys are sporting.  So after I realize he is not going to choose even one of my four kids to say "oh I don't he will require much therapy if you leave these large gaps in his teeth".  I tell him we need to prioritize the work.  You know start with the problems most likely to lead to a serial killer mentality if it goes unfixed, that sort of thing.  He says, "I would really enjoy the chance to work on Tucker and Landry's open bites."  Now I am thinking if he would "really enjoy" it he could do a BOGO free sort of deal, yes? 

Next up we go to Sam's to kill time between the ortho and drama class.  We didn't actually need anything from Sam's but the library was closed.  We cruised for samples, looked at the toys, tried out the furniture and then had lunch at the snack bar.  This I recommend its cheap and tasty, the four of us ate for $11.00.  Off to drama next and that was fun, Allye is Lucy in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.  The boys are being extras, Landry is one of the frozen statues in the witch's castle. I now know he can remain motionless for at least 5 minutes while retaining consciousness.  

Drama ends at 2 and Allye has a run with the XC team.  So while she runs we get to the library.  On the way in the boys are arguing, this is a new hobby because after 11 years they cannot stand one another.  I was sharing with them my dream of harmonious relationships and a man approached me to say that could only happen if I took drugs. Nice! 

After we got Allye we were able to go home, well at least close to home we went to Momma's.  I needed to sew and since she donated her basement as my craft room we went there.  I was trying to sew some things that I can sell at our homeschool meeting tonight.  My stock is minimal but hey I can take orders.  I hope that my meager items are not totally lame.  More on that later.....

Anyway I left Momma's around 10:45, came home and released the prisoners.  I swear my toes sang.  Did I mention I hate shoes well wearing them that is........

No comments:

Post a Comment